Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Pulling Weeds

The other day I was walking down the street and I noticed some pretty little flowers planted near a ficus tree. Then I noticed the weeds amongst them.

What a metaphor for life - you can plant pretty flowers, but if they are surrounded by weeds - You can't fully enjoy the blooms.

In order for me to live the life I imagine I have to weed my own garden.
What are my weeds?
Fear,
Insecurity,
Low self esteem,
Doubt,
Second guessing,
Laziness, etc.
All these weeds keep me from moving forward and growing a beautiful garden of my dreams.

How do I cultivate a healthy garden?
By first pulling the weeds, one by one, with care and precision,
as not to leave any roots so they may sprout again.

Pulling out the negativity and replacing with beautiful blooms that, with care, love, and attention will flourish.

Be mindful of the weeds in your garden - don't plant flowers and forget to pull the weeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment