Saturday, February 9, 2013

Capturing Action


"The path to success is to take massive, determined action." Anthony Robbins.

I get it.....

I can sit on my ass and dream all day about the possibilities, but until I take pointed, concise, goal driven action nothing is going to happen.

When I was about 6 years old I was taught by the church that we attended (St Paul Lutheran Church, Missoula Montana) that if I prayed hard enough God would answer my prayers. I was cautiously optimistic and set about to praying. I don't even remember now what I prayed for, but I do remember that I never received it. I think it was a bike or a barbie. Whatever it was - I didn't get it.
I felt like God didn't hear me, or even worse, that I wasn't worthy of his listening ears. 

I missed the sermon where the pastor spoke of works (I guess I must have been sick that day!)

"Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead." James 2:17

It never dawned on me that God wanted me to do SOMETHING! I am not sure if I chose not to "hear' this message because I was lazy or if no one ever told me. I would venture to say the former (as much as I hate to admit it.)

The beauty about taking action is the feeling of accomplishment. That is worth the time it takes to make the shit happen!

Today, with tremendous help from my best friend, I launched the new staceyjustis.com website.
It's just the beginning and I can see where it's going and there is a feeling of satisfaction that all the faith I could muster would not have accomplished.

Of course, I know about faith - I have that, but the works is the magic bean we need to find success and meet our goals.






No comments:

Post a Comment